Sunday, November 23, 2014

November IARC

Hello,

I hope everyone is ready for the Thanksgiving Holiday and Black Friday shopping!!! I can't wait for the holidays to start!  Here is November submission for IAR challenge. This month's challenge is to make a gift tag and the theme is Christmas.


Here is my tag I made for IAR challenge...


 
 
I was inspired to make a nutcracker theme from the Graphic 45 paper below-
 Isn't it stunning???
 
 
The image size on the paper itself was too large to make a tag, my original plan was set the tag like a stage performance. To fuzzy cut 2-3 smaller ballerinas adding the nutcracker and embellish with IAR flowers. I remembered I brought a nutcracker embellishment last year.  It is now lost somewhere in my craft stash or thrown away accidentally. 
 
Not wanting to give up my original idea, I thought I can buy a nutcracker embellishment at my local Michaels. I hit to 2 nearest Michaels and there was no stock of the nutcracker. I was desperate to stop by Container Store (yes they sell craft items), Marshalls, and TJMaxx. No sign of the nutcracker...
 
I found local paper supply store which have a small scrapbook area. These are what they have left:


 

 
 
 
The sizes of the nutcrackers are way off. LOL. I made my decision to buy the mini nutcrackers. The minis looked awfully cute, I couldn't resist not buying them.  The other one looks too Godzilla big.
 
 
After setting my ballerinas and minis around, I decided to change my original plan and make my tag with humor.  I have added the Martha Stewart glitter eyelash to add along with the flowers and as a tag hanger.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Love how it came out and how I incorporate with what I have.  This tag cracked me up every time I look at this:
 
 
Whenever I come across my nutcracker embellie, I'll make my original version of the tag.  I have also submit this tag to the Nutcrafters Challenge.
 
 
Thanks for viewing!!!
 



 





3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Christmas tag. Great design and lovely embellishments.
    Thank you for sharing with us at I am roses challenge blog this month, good luck!
    Hugs,
    Tamara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty tag!! Thanks for playing along with the I Am Roses Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute tag! Thanks so much for joining the I Am roses challenge!

    ReplyDelete